Pages

Saturday, August 30, 2014

No Diego No!

I was keeping my Betta fish in a small aquarium while I tried to cure it of fin rot. I changed the water regularly and cleaned the tank often. I used a large syringe because it was a great way to get the waste off of the bottom.

I was cleaning the aquarium tonight as I normally do, but the syringe was not functioning normally. I believe the stopper was damaged or it became deformed in the dishwasher. It was very hard to draw the syringe back to suck up the water. I was trying to be very gentle yet use a lot of strength to continue the process. Charlie was "helping" me and trying to feed Diego (the Betta) while I was changing the water.

On the first draw of water I pulled back the syringe and BAM! Water went everywhere. Charlie had a look on his face like "What the heck just happened?" I was covered in water. I was in shock for a moment while I processed what just happened. I put the syringe in the sink and grabbed some paper towels. I turned to clean up the mess and could not believe what I saw.

I look at Diego and realized that his body was no longer attached to the face that was looking back at me. I somehow beheaded Diego. Poor Charlie was still trying to feed the fish as I tried to convince him that Diego had to go to the ocean with Nemo. Luckily he did not understand the tragic event that just took place. 

I showed Jamie what I just did and Charlie chimed in with "Fish is sick." We gave Diego the highest honor funeral a fish can have. We sent him to the local water treatment plant via a beautiful white porcelain throne flushing ceremony.


No comments:

Post a Comment