Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Fourth Generation!

We had dinner at my Dad's house on Sunday, it was delicious. My grandparents and siblings were all gathered together to enjoy in the feast. As I looked around at my family I began to realize how dominant the Hoppy genes are. I could see my past, present and future all in one place. Just look at the picture.

Charlie looks just like I did at his age, I am going to look just like my dad and he looks just like my grandpa. It's amazing how our DNA is transferred to our offspring. There is no mistaking a Hoppy male and his offspring. A customer came in to work a few weeks ago and said, "You look like a Hoppy." He used my real last name in place of Hoppy and it kind of caught me off guard.

Some times I wonder what my earliest relatives looked like. I don't think that are genes have deviated much. There has been some Italian, Irish and a bit of Native American that has attempted to dominate the Hoppy genes, but they have fallen to the blonde hair and blue eyes.

I can't wait to see whose traits our next child takes on. Hopefully it will be a little girl that looks just like my beautiful wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment