Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A Smile Says a Thousand Words!

Every morning when I wake up for work, I roll over to see the cutest baby boy in the world. He has been awake for quite a while before I begin to stir. I give him a little smile and his face lights up like the Fourth of July. It makes my day. Though I am tired and wish that I could stay home all day and do pretty much nothing, that giant smile on my little boy makes it a little more bearable.

I wonder what goes through the mind of our children when they are only a few weeks old, but they recognize you. Are they thinking, "Hey, there's Mommy or Daddy!" or are they thinking, "Hey, there is the crazy people that make funny faces and noises that I like." It doesn't make much difference to me, but it melts my heart when that little facelights up like he knows exactly who I am.

The grunts that have accompanied Charlie's smile have begun to sound more like giggles. He is growing so fast. he loves peek-a-boo and any other high pitched noise that you can make to entertain him. He has found the T.V. and loves to watch just about anything. I guess that I will have to start being careful about what shows are on when he is in the room.

I have started construction on a train set at Charlie's request. Well, okay, maybe I wanted the train set, but it will be his one day. Having a baby is a great excuse for re-living your childhood joys though.

Everyday bring something new with my growing boy. I hope that he is not walking by the time I get home today.

No comments:

Post a Comment