Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Mothers!

God gave us mothers so that we would always have someone to encourage us to chase our dreams. Your mother is always your biggest fan even though they embarrass the heck out of you with their 14 buttons on their light up sweater at your sporting events. They are there to comfort us in times of need, feed us when we are hungry and to kick you in the butt when you need it.

Your mother is the person that you turn to when you need answers. She loves you unconditionally and always has your back. She will give you what you need and try to give you everything you want.

I am my mothers only child and I may seem spoiled some times, but I am really just showered with concentrated love. Hey, that's a pretty good line!?!

I have been putting off taking my last class for my medic re-licensure until this morning when my mother called me out of the blue to inform me that I will be taking the class. She knows how much I enjoyed being a paramedic and she knows how much time and money I invested to obtain my certification. She might even show up to the class with her buttons on her light up sweater to cheer me on.

Thank you Mom for that call this morning. I really needed the motivation that you gave me.

Eventually mothers become grandmothers and the whole game changes. Grandchildren get what they WANT, not just what they need from Grandma. I saw something on Facebook the other day that said, "Saw it... Liked it...told Grandma...Got it!" How true it is.

To all of you mothers and grandmothers out there, thank you for service.

No comments:

Post a Comment