Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Charlie's Twin!

I am sorry that I never mentioned it, but Charlie has a twin. Not really, but he thinks that he does. He loves to look in the mirror and laugh at the little boy looking back at him. He may not quite understand who he sees in the mirror, but he knows that he is funny.

The boy in the mirror makes a funny face and they both start laughing hysterically. Charlie waves and the boy in the mirror waves too. Sometimes Charlie does something and realizes that the boy in the mirror does the same thing. He gets a confused look on his face like "Hey, I just did that."

I wish that I knew what was going through his mind when he looks in the mirror and sees Mommy and Daddy holding another baby. He doesn't seem jealous. Is it possible that a four month old knows his own reflection or does he think that it is another baby? I guess that it doesn't really matter if he is having fun.

I found out last night that Charlie also likes to listen to Rush. "Fly by Night" was on a show or commercial, I don't remember, so it was stuck in my head. I was roaming around the house singing it and Charlie was cracking up at my high pitched Geddy Lee impersonation. Charlie started fussing so I played some Rush on my phone and he started laughing. Who needs Brahms lullaby when you have "Tom Sawyer" and "Fly by Night"?

No comments:

Post a Comment