Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sleep?

I have been slacking lately on keeping this blog updated with new content due to my lack of extra time during the day. Between work and a new baby, I haven't had much time for any extracurricular activities. I get to play video games occasionally while the baby sleeps, but he somehow always wakes up as soon as I turn on the Xbox. That's okay, I like having guy time with my boy.

We took a road trip a few weeks ago to St. Mary's, Ohio to visit some family and it was nice to be able to relax after being go, go, go for the first three weeks of Charlie's life. I can't believe that he is going to be five weeks old on Sunday. I have to say, having a child is the best thing in the world, but they drain every ounce of energy that you have. Trying to keep up with their schedule is brutal.

I have been fortunate that Jamie is able to stay home with him and I can try to sleep through the night. I still hear him when he cries at night and it brings me out of my coma like sleep. I guess that it is just instinct.

No matter how much sleep I am not receiving, it is all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment