Pages

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Official Parent Status!

It just hit me that I have reached official Parent status. The family loaded into the new "family car", the kids were half dressed in play clothes and flip-flops. The wife had thrown on some casual attire, hair pulled back in a headband, a dab of foundation and flip-flops. I was decked out in my paint splattered Mt Dew t-shirt, saw dust covered cargo shorts and I probably wreaked of sweat and wood. The big plan for the evening, puzzles and wine! 

We had a fun trip to the store. Ella destroyed the local Dollar Tree, as usual, and Charlie spent seven years trying to decide between glow sticks or a blow up tropical bird. None-the-less we were spending time together and emptying Daddy's pocket book. 

Our Dollar Tree stop was precluded by a quick trip to Walgreens. We were excited to grab a cheap bottle of wine to get turnt up on. Yep, turnt. Because we are cool like that. With a bottle of Mescato in hand, a toy Virgin Mary, glow sticks, two puzzles and some flarp, we headed home to our typical "family style home" in the suburbs. 

The kids played with their new treasures while Jamie poured us a glass of wine in a red Solo cup. Ella wanted some "Apple Juice" too. The thought quickly flashed through my mind that she would go to sleep earlier but, we refrained due to that whole legal thing about underage drinking and child abuse. 
 

After a few minutes of playing and winding down the children were tucked into bed and Puzzle time began. The wine was going down smooth. After a few sips I started thinking. "I have reached official Parent status." What in the world had happened? Two kids, a family vehicle, wine in a Solo cup and puzzle time! Help! 

This can not be happening. I am staying up all night to finish this puzzle and prove that I am still young! Being the light-weights that we are Jamie and I got turnt quick! By turnt I mean sleepy. With half of the puzzle finished and the wine all gone we surrendered to our worn out brains and bodies and headed to bed. It was late though. If 11:27 is late for old people.


No comments:

Post a Comment